Classroom Programs focus deeply on the Kansas City Zoo’s mission of promoting understanding, appreciation, and conservation of the natural world in interdisciplinary ways through exploration, experimentation, and thoughtful discussion. Engage in meaningful learning through animal ambassador encounters and age-appropriate activities that focus on real-world challenges, sharpen STEAM skills and build empathy for animals and our planet. Zoomobile Classroom Programs are sure to inspire the next generation of environmental champions to step up to the plate!
All programs are aligned with Kansas & Missouri State Standards and can be scaffolded for students of various ages and abilities. Note that these programs are very interactive, and our animal ambassadors are integrated into the learning goals. Most classroom programs include 2-3 animals with more dedicated time for observing each of them.*
*Genetics: A Wild Science is best suited for grades 7+
*Conservation Connections is best suited for grades 1+
*Nature Exploration is designed for early childhood classrooms
Price: $200 base, Ambassador Animals included (Zoological District schools receive free once per year)
Duration: PreK: 30 minutes, All other ages: 45 min – 90 min (depending on program choice)
- Best suited for 30 students per session. Some programs can accommodate up to 50 students upon request.
- ADA accessible rooms if available
- Some programs require projector access
- Minimum four weeks notice
- Additional Mileage: 31-60 miles: $60, 61-90 miles: $120, please call for pricing beyond 90 miles
- $125 per additional session