All Zoo guests who are not members must have a timed reservation. Following updated recommendations from the CDC and the rescinding of the mayor’s emergency order, the Kansas City Zoo will no longer require face masks anywhere within the Zoo. The CDC does recommend, however, that those who have not been vaccinated continue to keep “a llama’s length” of six feet apart and to wear face masks where that isn’t possible.
Tickets & Pricing
Due to our current limited daily capacity, non-members must make timed reservations to enter the Zoo. Friends of the Zoo members are no longer required to make timed reservations. Please take a moment to review the answers to other frequently asked questions before you buy your tickets. Please note that reservations are available approximately 14 days in advance.
General Admission Tickets
timed tickets for all guests
$16.00 - $18.00
Ages 2 and under FREE!
Jackson/ Clay County Residents
Zoological District pricing
$8.00 - $9.00
Ages 2 and under FREE!
Back to Ticket Options
Are reservations required?
- Non-members (3 years and older) need to make a reservation to enter the Zoo.
- There are a limited number of tickets available to allow social distancing.
- Please wait in your vehicle until the entry time printed on your ticket to limit congestion at the Zoo entrance.
I'm a member. Do I still need a reservation?
- No, Friends of the Zoo members and their guests no longer require a reservation to enter the Zoo. Please bring your membership card and photo ID for admission at the front entrance. Members can purchase discounted guest tickets (up to 4) at the Zoo.
Were FOTZ memberships extended?
- Yes, all Friends of the Zoo memberships that were valid between March 18 and May 16, 2020, were automatically extended two months to compensate for the time that the Zoo was closed to the public and unavailable to members.
Am I still able to use my Postcard to Adventure?
- Yes, Postcards to Adventure for Jackson and Clay County residents will be accepted, but pass holders must still make a reservation to enter the Zoo.
- Jackson and Clay County residents in Missouri will receive Postcards to Adventure in March, June, and October that are good for free admission for one day in each of the following months: April, July, August, and November.
- Please bring your postcard and ID (or piece of mail with your name and address) with your timed ticket for admission at the front entrance.
What about other ticket holders?
- POGO Pass holders do not require a reservation to enter the Zoo. Please bring your pass to Guest Relations for admission.
- Reciprocal AZA zoo members can purchase their discounted tickets at the Zoo without a reservation.
- Complimentary ticket holders do not need a reservation to use their ticket. Please walk up to the front gate with your ticket to be scanned in.
How do I change/cancel my timed ticket?
- While we do not allow refunds on tickets, we will be happy to reschedule your tickets for a new date and time.
- Please fill out our Ticket Change Request form and a staff member will process your request as soon as possible.
- Please remember that all date and time changes are subject to availability as we have a limited number of daily admissions allowed.
- Thank you for your patience during this time as we are experiencing a high volume of requests
What is open/closed? What can I see while at the Zoo?
- All animal habitats are open..
- Animal shows, including Wings of Wonder Bird Show and Sea Lion Splash, and Zookeeper Chats are temporarily suspended but are available virtually with a QR code on your mobile phone or you can access them here.
- Africa Tram, KCZoo Railroad, and Endangered Species Carousel are operating normally. African Sky Safari is open on weekends. The Kenyan Cruise remains closed for the season.
Is food available for purchase?
- Food stands are open with extra precautions in place.
- Multiple food and beverage locations are available with limited menus.
- Guests are also allowed to bring outside food, drink, and coolers into the Zoo.
Health and Safety Practices
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the Zoo for your use.
- We encourage guests to use credit cards for payment whenever possible. While cash will still be accepted, touchless credit card payment is preferred.
- We ask all guests to practice safe physical distancing and keep six feet between your party and others.