Thank you Jackson and Clay County, Missouri residents!
The Zoological District supports the Zoo through a 1/8th cent sales tax paid by anyone, including residents and tourists, who purchase items in Jackson or Clay County. As a thank you, Zoological District residents receive the following:
- Reduced Daily Admission
- Reduced FOTZ Membership pricing
- Four free admission days throughout the year with the Postcard to Adventure program
- Bring the Zoo to your school, library, youth group, community center, senior center, or other free public event by scheduling a Zoomobile
- Each classroom in Jackson and Clay County receives free admission for their field trip once per year
- ZooED, a free education curricula that combines animals, conservation, and College & Career Readiness standards to inspire students and make learning more engaging.
Postcard to Adventure
The Postcard to Adventure program is designed to give residents of Clay and Jackson County four complementary visits to the Kansas City Zoo each year. Your tickets will be mailed to your home address. Each ticket is good for the addressed person on the postcard and one other adult plus your dependent children living in the same household. To redeem, please bring the ticket with an ID or piece of mail that has the same name and address listed on postcard to the Zoo.
Q: When is the postcard valid?
A: Postcard to Adventure free admission visits are valid on weekdays in April, July, and August and any day of the week in November .
Q: What if I did not receive my Postcard to Adventure?
A: We are sorry for this inconvenience and apologize that you did not receive your Postcard to Adventure. Please bring your photo ID or current utility bill that depicts your Jackson or Clay County address to the Zoo’s Guest Relations to sign for your card. You are welcome to use it the same day.
Q: How do I redeem the tickets on the Postcard to Adventure?
- Retrieve your postcard from the mail: All households in Jackson and Clay County will be mailed postcards in March (April visit), June (July & August visit) and October (November visit) entitling them to a free day in each of the months listed.
- Determine your eligible free days: Your free visits are valid on weekdays April, July, August and any day of the week in November .
- Bring your “Postcard to Adventure” and ID to the Zoo on the designated days during the month specified on the tickets with a photo ID or current utility bill that depicts the same address on the postcard. You and those who live at that residence will be admitted for free.
Q: Why is the name on the postcard different than mine?
A: The mailing list was acquired through the United States Postal Service based upon updates from change of address forms (NCOA). While the name on the card may be different, you can still redeem the tickets with a piece of mail with your name and your Jackson or Clay County address on it. If you feel this name is in error, please contact the United States Postal Service.
Q: How many guests will be admitted per ticket?
A: Tickets are treated like our Friends of the Zoo Family Memberships. It will admit the ticket holder/name on the postcard which would be the head of the household, one other adult guest and the dependent children living in the same household.
Q: Why did you change the current program from four free days per year to Postcard to Adventure?
A: Convenience and flexibility. The Postcard to Adventure program allows more flexibility for you to choose your date to visit. In turn, the Zoo hopes this will allow more residents to take advantage of the program.
If you do not find an answer to your question please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.595.1234.
- Jerry Nolte, Chair (Clay County)
- Dan Tarwater III, Vice Chair (Jackson County)
- Kevin Pistilli, (Jackson County)
- Mark McHenry, Treasurer (KC Parks and Recreation Representative)
- Greg Canuteson (Clay County)
- Randy Wisthoff (Zoo Representative)