The Zoo has many options for weddings and wedding receptions. If you are seeking a specific reception area or had additional areas of the Zoo in mind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penguin Wedding Packages*
$3,500 Host your wedding reception for up to 150 guests in a penguin-riffic venue and have your ceremony in the most unique place in Kansas City. Helzberg Penguin Plaza can provide unforgettable moments for your special night. Your evening can begin with ceremony on the penguin ice shelf with up to 10 of your flock joining you. Other guests can witness this snow-covered moment from the warm cover of Aurora Australis in the entry way rotunda. Available 6 – 11 p.m.
$3,000 Enjoy an early evening ceremony on the penguin ice shelf with up to 10 guests followed by a small reception for 50 of your favorite penguin pals in the Helzberg Penguin Plaza entry way rotunda. Available 6 – 8 p.m.
$2,000 Get married with the penguins! Have your ceremony on the penguin ice shelf with room for up to 10 guests any day of the week between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
*Please note this is may not be penguin-perfect for every couple. Being on the ice shelf is:
- A slippery slope. Stable ice-worthy shoes are needed.
- It’s a bit fishy, you may smell a bit like their food following your adventure.
- Cold enough to have snow, long dresses could get wet and the air temperature is 45F.
- Limited to 30 minutes. For your safety touching penguins is not allowed.
You may want to rent an area for an Exotic Evening
Certain areas of the Zoo are available from 7 – 11 pm with set up at 6 pm. Rental fee includes use of the facility, security and a limited amount of tables and chairs. Food and non-alcoholic beverages along with other rental items such as table cloths and additional tables and chairs can be provided through one of the Zoo’s approved caterers. A $500 fee will be charged for use of a non-approved caterer. Alcoholic beverages must be purchased and served by Friends of the Zoo, Inc. (Kansas City Zoo)
- Aquarium Room -$1,000 This rectangle meeting room includes a native fish aquarium along one wall. It is located near the front entrance in the Zoo Learning Center. Tables and chairs for a capacity of 30 guests are included.
Capacities vary on the following depending on setup:
- Sunroom – $1,500 Direct access to the Sunroom is available from the parking lots across from the Zoo Learning Center. Limited tables and chairs are available.
- Lobby – $2,000
- Polar Bear Passage/Front Entry Plaza/Lobby – $2,500
- Tropics/Tuxedo Grill – $2,500
- Helzberg Penguin Plaza – $3,000
- African Boathouse Marketplace- $3,500