The Kansas City Zoo needs you so that we can continue to make a real difference for the natural world. Your donation is an investment in yourself, your community, your world, and your Zoo. Consider making a gift to help with our conservation, research, exhibition, and education efforts.Your gift will contribute to these efforts as well as enhance your Zoo experience. You have the opportunity to permanently change the future of the world for you, your children and grandchildren.
Requesting a donation to your charity auction or event
The Kansas City Zoo provides thousands of free tickets each year to deserving charitable organizations in and around the Greater Kansas City area. Click here for more information on how to submit a request for ticket donations.
Let’s Be Partners
The success of the Kansas City Zoo depends in large part on the active participation of the corporate community. We need your leadership, your involvement and your investment in the Zoo. In turn, the Zoo can provide you with remarkable opportunities for publicity and promotion, sales and sampling, and hospitality.
More than 900,000 guests visit the Kansas City Zoo each year. Take advantage of the Zoo’s desirable demographics to create brand awareness through this non-traditional means of advertising. Your package can be custom tailored and benefit driven.
Corporations can become involved with the Kansas City Zoo in many ways including:
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Group Animal Adoptions
Adopt a Wild Child
Join the Kansas City Zoo family and Adopt a Wild Child. Animal adoptions are a unique, fun way to help us feed and care for our more than 1,100 animals.
For less than a dollar a day, you can help add to our naturalistic habitats, purchase toys for animal enrichment, and provide hundreds of pounds of food each day. An annual gift provides enrichment for your favorite “wild child.” Adopt Now.
Show your favorite animal that you care.
As an adopting individual, family, group, or corporation, you will receive weekly e-news and the quarterly newsletter Expeditions throughout the year, other fun wild perks, and an invitation to the annual adoption picnic. Visit the Kansas City Zoo often—you’ll see your adoption at work!
Your company can make a difference! Corporations have the opportunity to decide which animal to adopt, then chose from multiple levels, each of which comes with public acknowledgement to benefit your company.
- $50 A framed animal photo, an animal fact sheet, an official adoption certificate, an Expeditions subscription (Zoo newsletter) and an Adopt A Wild Child picnic invitation (picnic is held late summer or early fall).
- $100 Same as the $50 level, plus an Adopt a Wild Child t-shirt and your choice of either four Zoo passes or four Platinum Rides Wristbands.
- $250 Same as the $50 level, plus an Adopt a Wild Child t-shirt, an invitation to the free, unique and educational “Meet the Keepers” breakfast (usually held in the spring) and your choice of either six Zoo passes or six Platinum Rides Wristbands.
- $500 Same as the $50 level, plus an Adopt a Wild Child t-shirt, an invitation to the free, unique and educational “Meet the Keepers” breakfast, your choice of either eight Zoo passes or eight Platinum Rides Wristbands AND an exclusive two hour docent-led golf cart tour. Enjoy the Zoo on your own private golf cart! Five people maximum per tour. All tours must be scheduled at least one week in advance.
Community & Social Organization Adoptions
- $100 One framed animal photo, one animal fact sheet, an official adoption certificate and up to 30 Zoo stick on tattoos.
- $250 Same as the $100 level, plus a Kansas City Zoo keepsake (up to 30).
- $500 Same as the $250 level, plus an original 11×14” Zoo animal painting (works of art by our artistic animals) which will be presented to the class or group by a Zoo representative.
- $1,000 Same as the $500 level, plus the exclusive Zoomobile program. The Zoomobile brings the Kansas City Zoo to you! This incorporates slides, biofacts (animal artifacts) that can be touched or live animals! This special opportunity is available for up to 30 kids and is not available during the month of May. The Zoomobile travels within a 70-mile radius of the Zoo.
In order to conserve, entertain and educate our visitors, to instill a respect for nature, we need the continuous support of the entire Kansas City area. As a business or corporation, you can adopt the animal of your choice for one year. Your tax-deductible donation will ensure that our menagerie of more than 1,100 animals that call the Kansas City Zoo home will continue to receive quality care.
The Wildest Party In Town, Jazzoo!
Sponsorships are available for individuals and corporations interested in supporting the Zoo at our largest fundraiser Jazzoo.
Can’t attend Jazzoo but want to support our animals? Please consider making a financial gift to the Zoo.
Giving Plaques Plaque
Secure your unique piece of the new Orangutan Canopy exhibit with a donation to conservation efforts at the Kansas City Zoo. A commemorative plaque is a wonderful way to give a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one. The leaves represent species of trees found in the rainforests that provide shelter and nourishment for orangutans. Your donation is 100% tax deductible.
If you have questions, please contact:
Shop online and ship to the Zoo! Amazon Smile
We have made it easy for you to send our animals some love. Use our Amazon Wish List to send our animals hand picked items.
Be sure to use AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the Kansas City Zoo! Select Friends of the Zoo, Inc. of Kansas City, MO dba Kansas City Zoo from their list of charitable organizations.