Kansas City Zoo Conservation
Our Ongoing Commitment
We envision a world in which the KCZoo contributes significantly to preserving the diversity of species and conserving resources on earth while influencing others to do the same.
- In 2015, nearly $200,000 was raised from the conservation portion of admission and memberships sales
- Round up programs in the gift shops and food and beverage locations along with animal paintings sold in the gift shop accumulated almost $16,000
- Zoo Run 2015 raised more than $23,000 for conservation – the largest ever! Donations from the WOW! Wings of Wonder bird show and coin vortex displays brought in more than $11,000
- It was a steller first year- raising more than $250,000 for conservation in 2015.
- Eight conservation grants were awarded from money raised in 2015