Event Date: Friday, November 1, 2019
Registration opens: August 16. 2019
The first Friday of November, gather for the wildest scouting event yet: camping at the Zoo! Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA ages 6+ are able to join a night filled with games, crafts, and animals. The program is broken down into several different areas ready to accommodate your troop. Come set up your tents and prepare for fun. Once tents are pitched, wander towards various activity stations to help with different scouting requirements. Stations are designed with games, crafts, or an animal encounter to help you start (but not complete) your badge, pins, or loops. You’ll have the opportunity to do the stations you want and visit with scouts from several different troops. Once you’ve explored the stations, explore the Zoo as we lead your group on night hikes for the chance to see some of our nocturnal animals.
Things to know:
- $40 per person registered before October 12
- $50 per person registered after October 12
- All guests must be age 6+
- (Our apologies to Lion Cub Scouts)
- A minimum of 1 chaperoning adult per 10 children
- (Children must be accompanied at all times, even midnight bathroom breaks)
- This program is rain, snow, or shine, so come prepared to weather the elements!
- FOTZ Members receive a 10% discount on registrations
- This is a lock-in event; late arrivals will not be accommodated
- Required arrival is 6:00pm for all camping guests; 6:30pm for those sleeping in the Zoo Learning Center
- Dinner will not be served, please eat before arriving
- A continental breakfast will be served the following morning
- Departure is no later than 8:30am
- Next day Zoo admission is not included, but is available at a discounted rate.
|Zone||Sleeping Location||Arrival Time||Departure Time||Recommended Scouting Levels|
|Blue Zone||Indoor Zoo Learning Center (no tents)||6:30 PM||8:30 AM||Tigers, Wolves, Bears||Register Here|
|Yellow Zone||Tropics Field Camping||6:00 PM||8:30 AM||Wolves, Bears, Webelos/AoL||Register Here|
|Green Zone||Elephant Overlook Camping||6:00 PM||8:30 AM||Bears, Webelos/AoL, Scouts BSA||Register Here|
|Purple Zone||Africa Campground||6:00 PM||8:30 AM||Scouts BSA||Register Here|