The first Friday of November, gather for the wildest scouting event yet: camping at the Zoo! Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts ages 6+ are able to join a night filled with games, crafts, and animals. The program is broken down into several different areas ready to accommodate your troop. Come set up your tents and prepare for fun. Once tents are pitched, wander towards various activity stations set through the Zoo as you work to complete badge requirements. You’ll have the opportunity to do the stations you want and visit with scouts from several different troops. After you’ve had a chance to explore the stations, explore the Zoo as we lead your group on night hikes for the chance to see some of our nocturnal animals.
Things to know:
- Registrations before October 1st are $40 per person
- Registrations after October 1st are $50 per person
- All guests must be age 6+
- (Our apologies to Lion Cub Scouts)
- A minimum of 1 chaperoning adult per 10 children
- (Children must be accompanied at all times, even midnight bathroom breaks)
- This program is rain, snow, or shine, so come prepared to weather the elements!
- FOTZ Members receive a 10% discount on registrations
- This is a lock-in event; late arrivals will not be accommodated
- Required arrival is 6:00pm for all camping guests; 6:30pm for those sleeping in the Zoo Learning Center
- Dinner will not be served, please eat before arriving
- A continental breakfast will be served the following morning
- Departure is no later than 8:30am
- Next day Zoo admission is not included, but is available at a discounted rate.
|Nov 2-Nov 3||6:00pm-8:30am||Cub and Boy Scout Night ||N/A|
|Sleeping Location||EWL (Emergency Weather Location)||Arrival Time||Recommended Scouting Levels|
|Zoo Learning Center||Zoo Learning Center||6:30 PM||Tigers, Wolves, Bears||Register|
|Tropics Field Camping||Polar Bear Passage/Lobby||6:00 PM||Wolves, Bears, Webelos/AoL||Register|
|Waterfowl Field Camping||Penguin Plaza||6:00 PM||Bears, Webelos/AoL, Boy Scouts||Register|
|Africa Camping||African Market/Chimp Observatory||6:00 PM||Boy Scouts||Register|