When Science Attacks
Registration opens June 26, 2019
Wednesday Classes: 2 time options
10:30 am – 12:00 pm (All Grades)
1:30pm – 3:00pm (All Grades)
Thursday Classes: 1 time option
10:30am – 12:00pm (All Grades)
Fees: $9/ class, Semester rate: $61.20 (15% discount)
6th – 8th grade student must enroll in the entire semester
Must be a FOTZ member to enroll
6rd – 8th Class Schedule
|August 28 or 29|
|September 11 or 12|
|September 25 or 26|
|October 9 or 10|
|October 23 or 24|
|November 6 or 7|
|November 20 or 21|
|December 4 or 5|
- Investigation – Teachers and students investigate the problems that they might potentially address through research and mapping activities.
- Planning and Preparation – Teachers, students, and staff members plan the learning and service activities, and address the administrative issues needed for a successful project.
- Action – The “heart” of the project: engaging in the meaningful service experience that will help students develop important knowledge, skills, and attitudes, and will benefit the community.
- Reflection – Activities that help students understand the service-learning experience and to think about its meaning and connection to them, their society, and what they have learned in class.
- Demonstration/Celebration – The final experience when students, community participants and others publicly share what they have learned, celebrate the results of the service project, and look ahead to the future.
It is critical that students attend each class session in order to take full ownership of their service-learning project and assist their fellow classmates in completing the project.