Attention Girl Scouts! Want to have a wild time exploring the Zoo while meeting requirements for Journeys or Badges? Join us as we work on Scout requirements through hands on activities, explore the Zoo, and enjoy an up close encounter with some of our animal ambassadors. Designed specifically for Girl Scouts, these workshops are sure to be an adventure!
SCOUT PROGRAMS BY LEVEL:
If you love animals and nature, then this is the workshop for you. This two-hour workshop explores animal basic needs, feeding and communication. Each scout will receive a journal containing activity pages that will help them begin (but not complete) their 3 Cheers for Animal Journey.
Dive into the wetlands at the Zoo. This two-hour workshop will help Brownies begin (but not complete) their Wonders of Water Journey badge. Discover the water cycle and learn the importance of wetlands in the ecosystem. And, let’s not forget the animals that live in the wetlands!
In this 2 hour workshop, scouts will go on a learning safari as they explore the rainforest while learning about the animals and plants that live there. Scouts will also make an animal home to help them begin (but not complete) the requirements for their Animal Habitats badge.
COST: $15 per Scout; FOTZ Members receive a 10% discount
THINGS TO KNOW:
- You can turn any of the workshops into a scout overnight experience.
- Participants may register as individual Scouts or as a troop/pack/den.
- One chaperone per 10 children is required. There is no charge for chaperones to participate in the scout workshop.
- Minimum of 10 scouts per workshop required.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Specific scout badges not provided by Kansas City Zoo. Limited edition Kansas City Zoo patch is available for purchase while supplies last.
- Cost does not include admission to the Zoo. Discounted zoo admission is available for scout groups.
YOUR SCOUT WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Themed activities to help begin (but not necessarily complete) certain requirements
- Animal encounter with some of our education animal ambassadors
- Zoo tour
- Each scout will receive a journal containing activity pages that reinforce each concept discussed
Filter by Grade:
|Nov 16||10:00am-12:00pm||K-1||Brownie Workshop |
|Nov 16||2:00pm-4:00pm||4-5||Junior Workshop |
|Nov 23||9:30am-4:00pm||4+||STEM Workshop |
|Dec 7||10:00am-12:00pm||K-1||Daisy Workshop |
|Dec 21||9:30am-4:00pm||4+||STEM Workshop |
Didn’t see the date you wanted? Want an experience and memories that will last a lifetime? Gather 10 or more friends for the a private workshop or 20 or more of your friends to get your own private scout overnight and email us at email@example.com for your desired date and program.