*** Due to concerns related to COVID-19, Animal Encounters are temporarily suspended. ***
Available: Select Days, March – October
Times: 11:30 am
Ages: 2+; children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult who has purchased a Penguin Encounter ticket
Duration: 30 minutes
Maximum Group Size: 15 Participants
What to Expect
During your encounter, you'll be visited by some of the zoo’s cold weather penguins. The penguins that you will encounter will be King penguins. You will not be allowed to touch or feed the penguins, but the penguins may choose to approach you.
We ask that guests adhere to the following for your safety and the safety of the zoo’s animals:
- Children two to five years old must be carried or held by the hand of an adult in their group.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who has purchased a Penguin Encounter ticket.
Where should I meet for the encounter?
Please meet at the Education Offices located inside the Zoo Learning Center building which is the building to the right of the main parking lot. Please make sure to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your encounter. Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
Please feel free to take pictures. You must remain standing straight up at all times. No bending or stooping to take selfies.
- Tours are not guaranteed to be private unless your group fills the maximum capacity.
- Kansas City Zoo reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unforeseen circumstances. The zoo will contact you to reschedule your tour.
- Tours and encounters are non-refundable. Tours canceled with less than 48 hours’ notice will have 30 days to reschedule and may incur a $25 rescheduling fee. No refunds or rescheduling opportunities will be given for no call/no shows.
- No accommodations will be made for late arrivals. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your encounter.