Postcard to Adventure
The Postcard to Adventure program is designed to give residents of Clay and Jackson counties four complimentary visits to the Kansas City Zoo each year. Your tickets will be mailed to your home address. Each ticket is good for two adults plus your dependent children living in the same household.
Postcard to Adventure will be on the tickets and pricing page when they are available.
Thank you Jackson and Clay County, Missouri, residents!
The Zoological District, made up of Jackson and Clay counties, supports the Zoo through a 1/8th cent sales tax approved by voters in 2012 and paid by anyone, including residents and tourists, who purchase items in Jackson or Clay counties. As a result, the Zoo has been able to increase staff, complete many deferred maintenance projects, and improve animal habitats and amenities. Those added since 2012 include Helzberg Penguin Plaza (2013), Tuxedo Grill (2014), Orangutan Canopy (2015), Billy Goats Gruff (2017), Stingray Bay (2018), Camel Feeding Deck and Matschie’s Tree Kangaroo habitat (2019), and Elephant Expedition (2020).
As a thank you, Zoological District residents receive the following:
- Reduced daily admission
- Reduced Friends of the Zoo membership pricing
- Four free admission days throughout the year with the Postcard to Adventure program
- Free Zoomobiles to bring the Zoo to your school or library
- Free field trips for each classroom in Jackson and Clay counties once per year
- ZooED, a free education curriculum that combines animals, conservation, and college and career readiness standards to inspire students and make learning more engaging.
Postcard to Adventure FAQs
Q: When is the postcard valid?
A: Postcard to Adventure free admission visits are valid on weekdays in April, July, and August, and any day of the week in November.
Q: What if I did not receive my Postcard to Adventure?
A: We're sorry for this inconvenience and apologize that you did not receive your Postcard to Adventure. Please bring your photo ID or current utility bill that depicts your Jackson or Clay County address to the Zoo’s Guest Relations to sign for your postcard. You're welcome to use it the same day.
Q: How do I redeem the tickets on the Postcard to Adventure?
- Retrieve your postcard from the mail: All households in Jackson and Clay County will be mailed postcards in March (April visit), June (July & August visits) and October (November visit) entitling them to a free day.
- Determine your eligible free days: Your free visits are valid on weekdays April, July, August and any day of the week in November or December.
- Make a reservation online. Due to the current pandemic, we are asking that all guests reserve a timed ticket in advance. Since you have a Postcard to Adventure, there will be no cost for making this reservation, but timed tickets allow us to provide a safer experience.
- Bring your Postcard to Adventure and ID to the Zoo on the designated days during the month specified on the tickets with a photo ID or current utility bill that depicts the same address as is on the postcard.
Q: How many guests will be admitted per ticket?
A: Tickets are treated like our Friends of the Zoo Family Memberships. It will admit the ticket holder/name on the postcard, which would be the head of the household, one other adult guest and the dependent children living in the same household.
Q: Where do you get the mailing list? Why wasn't I on it?
A: The mailing list is acquired through the United States Postal Service. A postcard is to be delivered to every residential address in Jackson and Clay counties by the USPS.
If you don't find an answer to your question, please email email@example.com or call 816.595.1234.