Start Your Adventure
There’s nothing quite like a day at the zoo. Here you’ll find some important information to help you plan your excursion.
The Zoo is open YEAR-ROUND!
Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays & 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends
The Zoo is closed only on:
- Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- $12.50 adults ages 12 & up
- $11.50 seniors ages 55 & up
- $9.50 children ages 3 -11
- Free admission for ages 2 and under
- Zoological District* – admission prices are: $5.50 adults, $5.00 seniors and $4.50 children ages 3-11
- Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) Members are free every day
*Residents of Jackson and Clay Counties, MO.
Special Deals – with Ride* options
- Gold Package - Save $1 (includes rides on train, tram and carousel) Adults $17.50 Seniors $16.50 Children $14.50
- Platinum Package - Save $3 (includes rides on train, tram, carousel, boat and Sky Safari) Adults $21.50 Seniors $20.50 Children $18.50
*All rides are weather permitting
Group rates for parties of 20+
- Groups with 20 or more guests can receive $1 off our regular admission rates with an advance reservation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- School group rates are only $5 per person; reservations must be made in advance
- Schools in the Zoological District ( Residents of Jackson and Clay Counties, MO) are free with an advance reservation
Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) Memberships
The most affordable family fun in Kansas City!
- Only $79 for a family membership
- Jackson and Clay County Missouri residents received reduced pricing on memberships
- A FOTZ Membership pays for itself in just two visits!
- Parking is always FREE and convenient
- Drop off zone is available directly in front of the Zoo's admission area
- Parking is available in the Mane parking lot or adjacent Zebra and Cheetah parking lots
Handicapped parking is available in all lots.
Rides and Transportation
- Tram $1.50 round trip
- Train $2.50 round trip
- African Sky Safari $4 round trip
- Endangered Species Carousel $2 per person above age 2
- Boat $2 round trip
- Gold and platinum rides packages are available to make your Zoo adventure more affordable and fun. Gold is $5; Platinum is $9
Strollers, Wagons, Wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV)
For your comfort and convenience, rentals can be made at Guest Relations. All are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Single Stroller $6
- Wagon $8
- Double Stroller $8
- Wheelchair $7
- Convenience Vehicle (ECV) $22 *You may reserve an ECV in advance with the rental prepaid, please call 816-595-1137. No same day reservations.
Food and Beverage & Gift Shops
Your purchases in the Zoo’s concession stands and gift shops support the Zoo’s conservation and education programs.
However, you are welcome to bring in your own food and beverages; please do not bring glass containers or alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to retrieve items from your vehicle and return to the Zoo within the same day as long as your hand is stamped by the main entrance attendant or you have your receipt.
Directions to the Zoo
The Kansas City Zoo is located in the heart of historic Swope Park:
6800 Zoo Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64132
Just off I-435 and US-71 highway, the zoo is easily accessible from any part of the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Call 816.595.1234 for more information.
Ride the Metro to the Zoo
NEW Kansas City ATA bus service to the zoo.
The #108 Indiana bus stops at the front entrance of the zoo seven days a week during normal hours of operation, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. For questions or additional information not listed above, please call 816-285-3689.
Visitors receive a map of the zoo upon arrival, or download our current map.
- American Inn North Kansas City
- Americas Best Value Inn Grain Valley
- Best Western Seville Plaza- Plaza area
- Comfort Inn Worlds of Fun
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
- Days Inn Kansas City
- Drury Inn Overland Park
- Drury Inn Kansas City Sports Complex
- Drury Inn Kansas City International Airport
- Drury Inn Merriam
- Holiday Inn Coco Key Water Resort
- Kansas City East KOA Campground
- Pear Tree Inn Overland Park
- The Raphael Hotel, Plaza